The Education People is partnering with the Kent Invicta Chamber to present a panel event with some of the top names in Business and Education, in order to inform local business people about the future of education and how getting involved can help shape your business.
There is a lot going on, nationally and locally. Therefore, Kent County Council and Medway Council have asked The Education People to re-energise and develop the Kent and Medway Guilds to bridge the gap between young people, the wider community and employers to develop a pipeline of work-ready staff for Kent and Medway businesses.
Employers will see the launch the new look of Kent and Medway Guilds, discuss the value of apprenticeships have on your business, understand how being a ‘Disability Confident’ employer can positively raise your profile, provide an opportunity to network and plan to create the workforce for tomorrow and browse the market place where you can talk to experts on skills, education, small business support.
If you’re an employer that is excited about the changing landscape and how you can get involved in shaping the future workforce, please register online.
- Roger Gough, the new Leader of Kent County Council, about his 5-year vision for the county and what it means for businesses.
- Learn about Guilds – what they are, how they can benefit your business/sector and how you can support them.
- The Careers and Enterprise Company – The Government’s latest initiative for getting businesses into schools to develop their careers work. Find out how this will benefit your business and how you can support it.
- What’s going on in education and how it affects your business – raising the participation age, qualification changes, supporting school governance.
- Apprenticeships – how to navigate the new landscape of apprenticeships and successfully set up an apprenticeship.
- Disability Confidence – what is the impact for your business, what support is available to you, deliver on the corporate social responsibility agenda, develop disability confident leaders.
There will be a Full English Buffet Breakfast included on the morning, including Tea, Coffee and Fruit juices.