You will receive a link to join the webinar the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
Join us for an information session on the current Government Kickstart Scheme, led by Eileen Bishop (Department for Work and Pensions), Emma Woodward (Social Enterprise Kent CIC), James Egan (MidKent College), Hayley Barden (East Kent College) and Lara Pool (North Kent College).
Here at Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce we are acting as a Kickstart Gateway, meaning businesses with under 30 jobs available are able to still apply for the scheme through us. To deliver this countywide Kickstart programme we have partnered with Social Enterprise Kent CIC, as well as all of Kent’s Further Education Colleges; EKC Group, MidKent & North Kent.
This event is aimed for both businesses who have already signed up for the Kickstart Scheme who would like to hear first hand what is happening behind the scenes, and what to expect in the next stages, as well as businesses who are interested in signing up for the scheme and would like to find information from those who will be running it.
- 2:00pm – Welcome from Tudor Price, Deputy CEO of Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- 2:05pm – Eileen Bishop, Department for Work and Pensions – Providing an overview of the Kickstart Scheme + Plenty of time for questions.
- 2:30pm – Emma Woodward, Social Enterprise Kent CIC – Emma will discuss the involvement of SEK, what their offer will be and how they can support both employers and employees throughout the scheme.
- 2:50pm – James Egan, MidKent College – James will provide information on the involvement of Kent’s Further Education Colleges through the scheme
- 3:00pm – Hayley Barden, EKC IntoWork the employability and community training arm of EKC Group – Hayley will give an overview on the college’s involvement in the scheme, delving into the training that the colleges will be providing and how it will be provided.
- 3:10pm – Lara Pool, North Kent College – Hear from Lara on the involvement North Kent College has in the Kickstart scheme, and how their training will be provided.
- 3:20pm – Questions and Answers
- 3:40pm – Event close
What is the scheme?
The government’s Kickstart Scheme will subsidise six-month work placements for people aged 16-24 and on Universal Credit. The Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month work placements for young people.
Funding is available for 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions. There is also £1,500 per job placement available for setup costs, support and training.
Businesses offering less than 30 jobs can apply through Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce. Any organisation, of any size can apply.
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.