You must be logged in to register a Free Members ticket
You will receive a link to join the webinar the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
Join us for the next Kent Invicta LIVE event discussing ‘Seven Things To Think About When Making Redundancies’ with guest speakers Amanda Okill and Andrew Masters, Furley Page Solicitors.
We are probably going to be experiencing difficult economic times for a considerable period of time to come and many employers will be forced to make cutbacks in their staff. Through this event we aim to give guidance on the seven key things that an employer needs to consider when making staff redundant.
During this one hour event, we will cover the following topics:
- Should you ask for volunteers?
- The pool for selection
- Selection citeria
- Applying the criteria
- Pregnancy and family leave
- Alternative work
While redundancy is an accepted reason for dismissal, employees with two years’ service or more can still claim that their dismissal was unfair. There is also a separate and more prescriptive legal requirement to consult employee representatives or trade union representatives where the employer is proposing to dismiss 20 or more employees at the same establishment over the course of 90 days or less.
No redundancy exercise therefore is completely without legal risk. It is key to understand the risks and the right approach in order to minimise that risk.
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.