Getting your people right is getting your business right
Heads Up HR Ltd is led by Nick Hawley, ex-HR Director at Eurotunnel, and is a HR business consultancy focused on putting people at the heart of your business. “Getting your people right is getting your business right” is the mantra underpinning our approach. Whether you’re recruiting, recruiting, on-boarding, engaging, leading and developing people, there is a right way to do it that will support your business by repaying the investment in your staff, time after time.
Heads Up HR provides a range of services as follows:-
- Virtual HR Director support. Some businesses find they cannot justify employing full time contracted HR expertise. Heads Up HR can offer flexible support be it 1 or 2 days day per week or per month to full time interim or project support to deliver your HR needs on a retained basis. This covers policy development, recruitment support, investigations into disciplinary or grievance, mediation or training. Our virtual services extend to helping business re-structure and re-organise and delivering cost effective processes, ensuring you get the most from your people. This is all done with the assurance of legal compliance. Whatever your needs, Heads Up HR is here to help you.
- Business and Executive Coaching. Nick supports business leaders and owners as they face the challenges of growing, developing or transforming their businesses. For some, this may well involve helping them as a start up, for others, helping them plot their exit strategy as they contemplate new opportunities. Using a proprietary psychometric tool, Harrison Assessments, clients review their strengths, leadership paradoxes and work on their blind spots to become better leaders.
- Career strategy and planning. Nick works with clients who are facing career choices, whether they are at a cross roads, have just been made redundant or seeking the confidence and skills to take the next step in their careers. Using a 3 step process of Reflect, Re-frame and Respond, based on the Business Model You methodology, Nick guides clients through re-branding and helping clients find the work they will thrive on and enjoy. The power and versatility of Harrisons Assessments again provides the foundation for increased self awareness and action planning.
- Team development and effectiveness. Increasingly, businesses need to develop their collaboration and team effectiveness to deliver more with less. Accredited in the use of Performance Climate Systems, a team analytics tool, Nick works with leaders and teams to assess their team make up and capabilities and to help develop their effectiveness in collaborating.
- Engagement and Retention. The costs of recruitment are high and ensuring employees remain engaged in their work is key to business success. This will increase productivity, reduce costs and provide stability with your teams by reducing employee turnover. Understanding what motivates employees allows businesses to develop strategies that truly and engage and retain their employees. Partnered with Engagement Multiplier, a on-line digital platform that monitors employee satisfaction and engagement in a dynamic and real time way, we can truly support improvement in client performance.
- Leadership Development. In today’s increasingly complex world, leading employees in an inclusive, engaged way is critical to sustained business success. From basic leadership and man management skills, through to Executive and senior leadership competencies, we provide a range of standard and bespoke leadership and management training programmes tailored to your needs.
If you want to know more, and for a free one hour consultation, please contact Nick through the contact details listed in the Business Directory. We look forward to working with you.
Nick Hawley, FCIPD is a senior business leader with more than 30 years in the field of HR across a range of business sectors including manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, building materials and logistics and transportation. His last role was as HR Director at the cross channel operator, Eurotunnel, part of the GETLINK Group, a specialist in rail and infrastructure management. Bi-lingual in French, Nick has developed expertise across the full spectrum of HR activity, from recruitment, leadership development, coaching, remuneration and benefits, employee relations through to re-structuring and organisation development. Comfortable working with large corporates, through medium businesses to SMEs, Nick is versatile and has a very practical and grounded approach to managing people. Moreover, he is curious and inquisitive about business and what makes success. He is born and bred on Yorkshire and is now fully settled in Kent with his wife, Sarah.