REPRESENTATION DESIGNED TO ENHANCE, PROTECT & CONNECT
Policy & Representation – Providing a Voice for businesses across Kent & Medway.
Kent Invicta Chamber sits at the heart of local communities right across the County. It’s through this grass roots approach that we are able to ensure the voice of business is taken into account in all key decision making that will have an impact on the local economy and business landscape.
How we achieve this
- We have set up local Economic Development Groups across the County, each being made up of a number of local Kent Invicta Chamber Members representative of the local community. It is via these groups that we respond to local consultations and work with local authorities to ensure an environment that is conducive to business growth and enterprise.
Countywide: Kent & Medway Economic Partnership
- The Chamber has representation on the Kent & Medway Economic Partnership Board (KAMEP). This Countywide public/private sector partnership is responsible for setting and delivering the County’s growth agenda and ensuring funds to meet the County’s growth objectives
- KAMEP is part of the South East Local Enterprise Partnership
Regionally: South East Local Enterprise Partnership
- The Chamber has representation on the South East Local Enterprise Partnership Board (SELEP). Set up in 2011, and one of 38 Local Enterprise Partnerships, SELEP covers the Counties of Kent, Essex & East Sussex. The partnership provide the clear vision and strategic leadership to drive sustainable private sector-led growth and job creation across the region.
- SELEP bids for funding to meet the regions shared objectives and ambitions.
Nationally/Internationally: British Chambers of Commerce
- Kent Invicta is one of 53 Chambers across the UK that are Accredited to the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC)
- Working with national government, BCC provide a national voice for local business
- The Chamber Network is an international network with international reach and connectivity
Economic Updates (Visit the Resource Hub)
- BCC National Quarterly Economic Survey Visit Here
- BCC Monthly Economic Updates Visit Here
- Kent & Medway Quarterly Economic Survey Visit Here
- Economic Development Group Minutes Visit Here
To submit a question or to raise a concern, please fill in the form below.