You must be signed in to register for your member’s ticket
You will receive a link to join the webinar the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
IMPORTANT – For anyone applying for the SME Brexit Support Fund please pay via invoice ONLY
Trade agreements and preferential trade arrangements are a constantly changing process. Understanding Rules of Origin and their effect on international trade is an important part of modern trade. Staying in touch with the changing landscape for trade agreements is also a priority for companies involved in international trade. As a result of the end of the UK EU transition period many more companies have become importers or exporters for the first time and are having to consider these rules of origin for the first time.
This course is designed as an introduction to the main terminologies and customs procedures for successfully negotiating this subject and will consider the relationship between tariff classification and correctly documenting export or import consignments.
By the time the course is completed delegates will appreciate when and why to use a Certificate of Origin.
Understand the importance of other origin documents.
Appreciate the percentage rules for origin and understand why product transformation is a key consideration.
Delegates can be assessed for and receive a Certificate equal to one credit of six in the British Chambers of Commerce Foundation Award in International Trade.
If these local event dates don’t work for you, take a look at our National Events programme.
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.