You must be signed in to register for your member’s ticket.
You will receive a link to join the webinar the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
Rules of Origin, their relationship with Cumulation, Long Term Supplier Declarations, are at the forefront of trade procedures because of many changes brought about by the UK exit from the EU Customs Union. Trade agreements and preferential trade arrangements are a constantly changing process.
Understanding Rules of Origin and their effect on international trade is an important part of modern trade. Staying in touch with the changing landscape for trade agreements is also a priority for companies involved in international trade. As a result of the end of the UK EU transition period many more companies have become importers or exporters and are having to consider these rules of origin for the first time. From January 2022 these become more important because Customs rules will now be more strictly interpreted.
This course is designed as an introduction to the main terminologies and customs procedures for successfully negotiating this subject and will consider the relationship between tariff classification and correctly documenting export or import consignments.
By the time the course is completed, you will…
- Appreciate when and why to use a Certificate of Origin
- Understand the importance of other origin documents
- Appreciate the percentage rules for origin and understand why product transformation is a key consideration
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.