You must be signed in to register for your member’s ticket
You will receive a link to join the webinar the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
Quotations for an export supply and the preparation of Pro-Forma invoices which can eventually be a main constituent part of long-term trading commitments, not just of one-off orders, are an area where exporters can sometimes cause themselves problems. And the pro-forma invoice can be the basis for a Letter of Credit goods description making it potentially the most important document in a series.
There are many steps in the supply process, all of which contribute to the eventual cost which should be covered by a comprehensive quotation. The course will look at all stages of an export supply situation so that all possible items are considered in any quotation. Just as important is using the correct tariff code for imports or exports. This is the joint responsibility of both the exporter and the importer. When quoting it is important to have these details correctly calculated.
In each of the above circumstances it can be very costly if insufficient attention is paid to getting things right.
Suitable for staff involved in export or import in manufacturing and supply, as well as shipping, logistics and related activities.
The course will be presented by Graham Card MIEx (Grad) International Trade Adviser at the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.