You must be signed in to register for your member’s ticket.
You will receive a link to join the webinar the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
Bookings will remain open until the event itself, but please note that if you book with less than 24 hours to go, your name won’t be on the “List of Attendees” and the event link will be sent out on the morning of the event itself.
As a Chamber Member, you will have exclusive access to the “List of Attendees”.
Importing is an integral part of international trade with greater volumes involved than in the export market. As a result of the end of the UK EU transition period many more companies have become importers for the first time.
This course is designed as an introduction to the main documents, terminologies, customs rules and procedures for successful importing. It will include a summary of INCOTERMS 2020 used for international trade consignments.
The challenges in avoiding costly delays at the point of import will be a key aspect, and some of the Import Duty Reliefs will be highlighted. If you are new to importing, or perhaps only just dealing with your first few orders or enquiries, this course is designed for you. Staff with a greater level of experience may well find this is a concise and useful revision in just one morning.
This import procedures course will address many aspects of finance and documentation and consider their relationship in order that supply chains can be operated smoothly. Many companies are using imported raw materials or re-exporting imported goods after a process.
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.