You will receive a link to join the webinar the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
Join us for an extremely engaging and highly interactive workshop, lead by The Familiar‘s Martin Jewiss and Sam Hutchings. This workshop is designed to unlock you and your team’s creative side and boost your problem solving potential. It is ideal for people who need a repeatable process to generate and capture ideas.
After this workshop, you’ll understand how to:
- Quickly identify and prioritise goals and challenges in your organisation
- Work independently to sketch and annotate creative solutions to challenges
- Work with others to decide on a solution to take forward
- Repeat the framework in future meetings and workshops
- When you need a number of ideas in quick succession, for evaluation and consideration, Active Eights will prove a valuable tool.
Please have these materials ready before the session starts:
Format: Interactive Workshop with Q&A
We will use Zoom for communication
We will give attendees access to our Mural online collaboration board for the interactive exercises.
The printed Active Eights worksheet or blank paper and felt tip pen or pencil will be needed for an individual exercise.
Martin Jewiss is co-founder and managing director of The Familiar, a human-centred design and technology consultancy. In his former career as a chartered biologist, he created and managed artificial tropical ecosystems. He often commissioned design and used innovative, inter-disciplinary techniques to solve novel problems.
Today Martin helps clients solve critical problems and innovate products and services using Design Thinking and agile methods. He also designs better customer and user experiences. With a life-long belief in the power of inter-disciplinary working, Martin has the same focus on durable, valuable impact for clients today, as 20 years ago when growing a jungle.
Sam Hutchings is passionate about making the world a better place through efficient and useful design. He creates holistic design solutions by bringing together a range of skills and interests in creative, technical and digital ways of working.
His previous experience with Apple, O2 and Typeform ensures that customer and user experience is always core to Sam’s design process. As well as leading Workshops and content design at The Familiar, Sam is currently working on hireajunior.co.uk to get more young people and career-switchers employed in the creative industries.
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.