You must be signed in to register for your member’s ticket
You will receive a link to join the webinar the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
An understanding of Import and Export Customs Procedures is now more important than ever. Brexit and the UK departure from the Customs Union that is still operated by the EU 27 members has changed the environment, documentation and procedures required to trade internationally.
Delegates will gain an understanding of the relationship between Trade and Customs and an appreciation of what happens at each stage of the trade process.
Inward Processing Relief can be used to obtain relief from Customs Duty and Import VAT on goods that are imported from outside the UK to be processed in some circumstances.
Outward Processing Relief similarly can be used to obtain relief. Many companies send partially manufactured goods overseas for a further part of the process and then re-import them for completion or to stock.
Customs Warehousing is becoming an increasingly useful tool in the international trader’s armoury. In all circumstances where these reliefs are utilised it is important to keep thorough records. The course will take delegates through the necessary procedures.
Inward and Outward Processing Relief can save a lot of money but can be quite challenging. The course will also look at Duty Guarantees and Returned Goods Relief.
The course will be presented by Graham Card MIEx (Grad) International Trade Adviser at the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.