In July 2020 the South East of England will welcome the return of The Open to Royal St. George’s.
The 149th edition of the Championship will see the world’s best golfers competing to become the Champion Golfer of the Year at golf’s original Major.
We have been in recent communication with The R&A (Governing body of world golf and organisers of The Open) regarding unauthorised organisations targeting local businesses trying to sell unofficial Hospitality to the event.
The R&A have implemented various strategies to help combat these unofficial organisations such as:
- Introduction of a no re-admission policy
- Move to an all ticket event (not being able to purchase on the door)
- Introduced an Authorised Provider Programme for Hospitality and Ticket packages
The key things you should look out for if contacted about The Open hospitality are:
- “We have had a cancellation”
- A half price offer
- Pressure tactics – i.e. “You must confirm today”
- No confirmation of the facility location
- No confirmation of access / tickets into the Championship
If you are contacted by any company regarding packages to the Championship please ask for their credentials as one of The Open’s Authorised Providers or you can contact The R&A directly for confirmation.
We urge all individuals and companies to do their due diligence prior to purchasing any packages as The R&A want to ensure all of those who attend The Open have the best experience possible.
We are delighted to give you direct access to the official Hospitality.
If you would like further information on the experiences, please speak with Dan Bones at The Open on 01334 460221 or email DanBones@TheOpen.com