Marketing skills gap Kent 2019
Agile, innovative and creative skills are in high demand and highly valuable to organisations in all sectors and sizes. The UK government and South East region recognise that marketing talent is a key growth area to help businesses develop and create a vibrant economy
Yet, with all the uncertainty in global markets and Brexit in the UK, it’s possible that Marketers’ career goals take a back seat. Kent and Surrey based Goldcrest Academy have created a new range of courses, to help Marketers in the South East get ahead in 2019. Courses include:
- Branding for start-ups
- Creativity for Marketing
- Implementing for the Marketing Mix
- Marketing Strategy in Action
- Innovating the Marketing Mix
- Digital Strategy
There are significant trends to be aware of too:
- Marketers typically stay 18-24 months in role – it does depend on sector, but this can impact from junior to senior roles
- Job movement is most active at Marketing Assistant/entry level
- Pressure for sales within existing budgets can compromise marketers’ plans, where short term focus undermines long term, sustainable strategy
- In a tight job market, salaries are rising
- The High Street has become a metaphor for deep change to business models and yes, the value proposition
- Customers are savvy and at all age groups, comfortable to search
- Knowledge gaps exist at senior levels on digital and at junior levels on marketing – integration and collaboration is needed
- Millennials have lots to offer employers with purpose, but if you don’t inspire them, then they will innovate or set up their own business
One of the challenges for studying is how to do it with many demands on Marketers’ time at work, home or play. It’s that classic context of intensive days at work, return to home and there’s a to do list there too.
Director at Goldcrest Academy, Sara Royle says:
“We’ve looked at ways to help Marketers build-in time for them, with flexibility, structure and skills. That’s why we have developed brand new course formats offering a streamlined structure and skills: online, four weeks, clear structure with flexibility for Marketers to study when and where they want to.”
Goldcrest Academy conducted research into learning methods, employer needs, market requirements, to create a series of courses that are tailored to help marketing careers. One of the key areas of focus was study options, so that Marketers can now choose how they would like to be assessed. Certificates are provided for Course Completion or Attainment. Course content is regularly updated and refreshed and new courses added too.
In 2019, Marketers’ careers are in their hands, these new courses can help to upskill, refresh and aid employee retention. For further information email at email@example.com or contact us or visit the new courses.