It’s the New Year, so our thoughts naturally turn to what we will do differently in the year ahead.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an increasingly important part of business life as companies seek to make an impact on their communities as well as their bottom line.
Alongside environmental and ethical impacts, companies can achieve their CSR goals through raising money for local charities and encouraging staff to volunteer for them. This can achieve company goals, as well as employee ones, supporting well-being programmes and making for more productive employees.
The Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce charity of the year, Demelza Hospice Care for Children, provides specialist care and emotional support for children with terminal conditions and their loved ones, throughout Kent, East Sussex and South East London.
As a charity, we’re dependent on the generosity of our supporters to keep our services going, and we work with companies to maximise the impact of their CSR policies and objectives.
Benefits to companies partnering with us include:
- Improved employee engagement – uniting behind a common cause, fundraising activities and team building events. This can also result in improved staff morale and productivity.
- Reaching new customers – partnering with a local charity can increase product reach and awareness and therefore boost sales
- Involving existing customers and ambassadors – building brand loyalty at a time when companies need non-transactional ways to speak to their customers.
We support corporate partners through:
- Working closely with you and your charity champions to put together a programme of local engagement and volunteering opportunities, all in line with your objectives
- Fundraising events, ideas and support
- Providing volunteering opportunities across our hospices, warehouse, charity shops and events
- Providing resources, materials and training about life limiting and life-threatening conditions and hospice treatment to raise awareness throughout your staff and clients/customers
- Promoting our partnership and your brand through press and social media coverage, website presence and sharing news and stories
- Giving you the chance to visit and see the impact of your support
- Reporting on your impact, for staff and management information
Being a Demelza corporate partner has an impact far beyond a year; it helps improve the lives of terminally ill children and their families for the time they have together and give them lasting memories and mementos for years to come. Staff also feel the benefit of this from the team working involved in fundraising and volunteering, to the positive relationships built with existing and new clients and suppliers.
Together we can make a difference to terminally ill children and their families and help those who may not live a long life, to live a full life.
To find out more about Demelza, and how we can partner together, please speak to Petra Bones, Corporate Partnerships Manager, on: 01795 845 296 / email@example.com.