Government Kickstart Scheme: Apply Today!
The door has now closed for this scheme!
The Government’s Kickstart Scheme gave:
- Grant funding for a 6 month work experience placement for people aged 16-24, on Universal Credit and aligned with a Work Coach
- Provided an additional grant of £1,500 to help and support with Employer set-up costs and the required employability skills training for your placement
Using the Chamber as your Kickstart provider helped remove the hassle and maximised the chances of success.
- Companies had the choice to deliver their own in-house Employability Skills Training or tap into our cross funded skills provider network that could do it for them and ensured their training was compliant!
- We expertly guided companies through the terms of the scheme and made sure they understood fully their obligations and what to expect in return.
- We helped to complete the process, navigated the forms and compliance checks and made sure they stood the best chance of submitting a successful application.
- Our network not only helped their access Employability Skills Training, but provided ongoing support across all areas of their business such as apprenticeships, internships, further funding and much more
We teamed up with Social Enterprise Kent (SEK) and the Kent Further Education Colleges:
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce (KICC) joined forces with all of Kent’s Further Education Colleges: EKC Group, MidKent & North Kent, along with Social Enterprise Kent (SEK), to deliver a countywide Kickstart programme.
The sector leading partnership between KICC and the three large College groups in Kent ensured that employers across the County were able to access the necessary employability training and support for those young people embarking on the programme.
The collaboration between the Chamber, SEK and Colleges meant that the whole of Kent & Medway was covered, adding value to employers from Dartford to Thanet and everywhere in between.
If you have already submitted your application but still have further questions, please call 01233 503838.