Join us for an in depth three hour workshop on letters of credit demystified (advanced). It will address a wide range of issues that can occur with documentary letters of credit.
The main outcomes for the exporter or importer will be:
Understanding where to go for assistance, when required:
– Getting letters of credit opened correctly in the first place
– Achieving compliant documents, on first presentation
– Understanding what risks are actually covered by each letter of credit
As a result costly amendments and delays can be avoided and traders can be more sure of payment.
You will leave with an understanding of:
– The basic principles of documentary credits
– Types of credit, their uses and characteristics
– The issuing, advising, confirming and negotiation process
Who should attend?
– Exporters who want to be sure of being paid
– Importers who need to limit the time their resources are tied up as a result of their bank’s contingent liability under the letter of credit
– Freight Forwarders and logistics service providers who will benefit from an update
– Bank international trade advisers
– All other international traders and advisers
One of the Core 10 courses accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce.
Candidates achieving pass or merit in the course will receive a certificate.
Those who pass in 6 courses will achieve a nationally recognised Foundation Award in International Trade.
The course will be presented by Graham Card MIEx (Grad) International Trade Adviser at the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce.
Venue: Innovation Centre Medway
- 29th November 2018
8:30 am - 12:30 pm