During Covid-19 to support our Importers and Exporters, we have reduced training fees by 25% per booking. (Discount already applied).
You must be signed in to purchase Member Tickets.
This course will happen over Zoom.
You will receive a link to join the Online Training Session the day before the event via email, please also check your junk folder for this.
Your company’s success in international markets will be directly related to the knowledge and expertise of the export or import staff as well as your finance staff and their competence when dealing with your customers, suppliers, bankers, insurers and freight forwarders. The course creates and develops that competence by focusing on such activities as lending, opening letters of credit, and export credit insurance. There is a complete description of the documentation required to achieve payment from customers or timely shipments from your supply chain.
Knowledge of these processes is essential for anyone working in an international trade position responsible for arranging finance, ensuring timely payments are received, and developing an efficient trade performance.
This course covers in detail the various instruments of payment for trade, such as Letters of Credit, drafts, Bonds & Guarantees, Export or Import Factoring, Forfaiting and Avalisation and looks at how businesses can use these instruments as part of their trade finance operations to maximise business profitability and working capital.
The course will be presented by Graham Card MIEx (Grad) International Trade Adviser at the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- Be aware of what is on display in the background if connecting to Zoom from your home.
- Be aware of anything gives away where you live.
- Be aware of having confidential documents on display within the camera shot.
- If you sign up to the event, you can’t stop people taking screen shots of the event and sharing it on social media.
- Never ‘write’/ ‘say’ anything in chat or a ‘room’ you wouldn’t say in an email.