Member & Non-Members
3rd October 2019 8:30 am - 3rd October 2019 12:45 pm BST
Innovation Centre Medway, Maidstone Road, Chatham, ME5 9FD
Tea / Coffee / Breakfast Baps
As Exporters and Importers, we should be encouraged to trade with countries which we have preferential trading agreements with. As exporters we are often asked to supply EUR1 and ATR Movement Certificates with the consignment so that our customers can import the goods either duty free or at a reduced rate.
This course will explain all aspects of the Rules of Origin and Trade agreements and how to understand and comply with them to help companies be more competitive in export markets.
Delegates will have gained the knowledge of how origin is established, how to complete the relevant documentation and the internal requirements to support the process.
- Definition of a Trade Agreement
- How the Tariff Works
- How Trade Agreements are negotiated
- What we mean by Rules of Origin
- How to Interpret the Rules of Origin
- What is Preferential Trade
- What is Non-Preferential Trade
- Documentation: EUR1 | ATR | GSP | Registered Exporter | Approved Exporter Scheme
- Rules of Cumulation
- Internal documentation and procedures required to support origination declaration
- Responsibilities as an importer and exporter
Who should attend?
- Staff new to international trade (import or export) and those progressing beyond year one.
- Freight Forwarders and logistics service providers who will benefit from an update
- All other international traders and advisers
The course will be presented by Graham Card MIEx (Grad) International Trade Adviser at the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce.