The ISE project is organising a 2-day visit to Ghent, (Belgium) on 22 & 23 May 2019 for companies in search of product improvements and innovations working in the new materials sector or those in the mechatronics sectors (engineering, manufacturing etc.)
The programme will include participation in the Advanced Engineering 2019 Xpo and the opportunity to meet with companies from the ISE partner regions (Kent, East & West Flanders, the SW of the Netherlands and Hauts-de-France), as well as to visit and explore the labs and world-class facilities at Ghent University (Materials, Textiles & Chemical Engineering Faculty).
This event will take place at Flanders Expo Ghent on 22 & 23 May and will focus on the creation of innovative products and preparing your products for the future.
All aspects of product development are covered: design and prototyping, materials and components as well as electronics and connectivity within manufacturing industries such as: automotive, aerospace, machine building, medical devices, plastics and metals, building materials, space travel and electronics.
- More than 100 experts/exhibitors offer innovations in design, materials & electronics
- More than 50 speakers: Pattie Maes (MIT), Françoise Chombar (Melexis), Manfred Van Vlierberghe (ArcelorMittal), Richard Thommeret (Solvay – Solar Impulse), Wouter Denayer (IBM) and Max Tchapeyou (Microsoft)
- For the first time, Vlaio (Flemish Government) presents its industry 4.0 pilot projects
- Discover Belgian technology in the experience zones at the fair
- Take part in a programme of networking activities (day 1) with other like-minded businesses from the ISE partner regions (UK, Belgium, France, and the Netherlands)
- Explore the Advance Engineering tradeshow
- Get an insight into the labs and world-class facilities at Ghent University (Materials, Textiles & Chemical Engineering Faculty)
- Become a member of the ISE Cross-Border Cluster
This 2-day programme is aimed at member companies from or interested in becoming members of an ISE Cross-Border Cluster.
Whereas it is not compulsory to become a cluster member in order to attend this programme, we encourage you to sign-up to the cluster in order to continue to benefit from future ISE & cluster activities.
The ISE clusters provide a forum for businesses and experts from the 4 ISE countries (UK, France, Belgium & the Netherlands) to meet together, collaborate and attend a series of bespoke cluster events. Further details on the ISE clusters and the terms of reference can be found HERE.
Companies are invited to express an interest in attending this cross-border programme with the ISE project but please note that only limited spaces are available:
Only a few spaces are available – please respond as soon as possible to express your interest in attending.
This programme is being organised through the EU-funded ISE Project – run by Kent County Council & Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce and is subject to de minimis state aid regulations (free return travel will be provided for Kent businesses and we will also cover 1 night’s accommodation costs).