Member & Non-member Tickets
May 16, 8:30 am - 12:30 pm BST
Innovation Centre Medway, Maidstone Road, Chatham
Tea / Coffee and Breakfast baps
Calling all Exporters and Importers!
We are delivering Export Training on Letters of Credit Demystified, an in-depth three hour workshop.
It covers a wide range of issues that can occur with Documentary Letters of Credit.
The main outcomes for the Exporter or Importer will be:
- Understanding where to go for assistance, when required.
- Getting letters of credit opened correctly in the first place.
- Achieving compliant documents, on first presentation.
- Understanding what risks are actually covered by each letter of credit.
- As a result costly amendments and delays can be avoided and traders can be more sure of payment.
You will leave with an understanding of:
- The basic principles of documentary credits
- Types of credit, their uses and characteristics
- The issuing, advising, confirming and negotiation process
Who should attend?
- Exporters who want to be sure of being paid
- Importers who need to limit the time their resources are tied up as a result of their bank’s contingent liability under the letter of credit
- Freight Forwarders and logistics service providers who will benefit from an update
- Bank international trade advisers
- All other international traders and adviser
The course will be presented by Graham Card MIEx (Grad) International Trade Adviser at the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce.