Members & Non Members
February 12, 8:30 am - 12:30 pm GMT
Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Ashford Business Point, Ashford
Tea / Coffee / Breakfast Baps
This course is designed as an introduction to the main documents, terminologies, custom rules and procedures for successful importing. It will include a summary of INCOTERMS 2010 used for international trade consignments. The challenges in avoiding costly delays at the point of import and how to avoid them will be a key aspect, and there will be a brief look at some of the Import Duty Reliefs.
- If you are new to importing or perhaps only just dealing with your first few orders or enquiries, this course is designed for you.
- Staff with a greater level of experience may well find this is a concise and useful revision in just one morning.
Importing is often seen as the poor relation of exporting and yet it is often an integral part of trade, with many companies using imported raw materials or re-exporting imported goods.
The main outcomes for the exporter or importer will be:
- Gaining a good working understanding of the trade process – Import, Export or Third Country trading as well as the documentary requirements
- Understanding where to go for assistance, when required
- Getting documents right first time
- Getting more out of relationships with Freight Forwarders. Clearance Agents and other providers
Who should attend?
- Staff new to international trade (import or export) and those progressing beyond year one
- Importers or exporters needing to limit the time their financial resources are tied up
- Freight Forwarders and logistics service providers who will benefit from an update
- All other international traders and advisers
The course will be presented by Graham Card MIEx (Grad) International Trade Adviser at the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce.