Check before you travel
This Easter Network Rail will be working around the clock to improve the railway across London and in Kent as part of the Railway Upgrade Plan.
Work continues on the Thameslink Programme at London Bridge meaning there will be no trains from Cannon Street and no Southeastern services from London Bridge. Services will be diverted to Charing Cross, Victoria, Blackfriars or New Cross between Friday 25 and Sunday 27 March inclusive.
Other improvement works are taking place across Kent as part of the Crossrail and East Kent resignalling projects. Some of the major changes are listed below.
- No services will run between Swanley and Faversham, Gravesend and Faversham, Strood and Maidstone West and Sittingbourne and Sheerness-on-Sea. Replacement buses will be in operation and include a special service from Faversham, Sittingbourne, Newington, Rainham, Gillingham and Chatham to Maidstone East station for fast train connections to/from London Victoria
- There will be changes to services and replacement buses will run between Plumstead, Abbey Wood, Belvedere, Erith, Slade Green and Dartford
- Buses will run between New Cross, Deptford, Greenwich, Maze Hill, Westcombe Park and Charlton
On Sunday 27 March only, services are also affected as follows:
- No trains between Hither Green and Dartford via Sidcup
- No trains between Ashford International and Dover Priory
- No trains between Battle and Hastings until approximately 1330
Throughout the weekend buses continue to replace trains between Dover Priory and Folkestone Central/Folkestone West during ongoing repairs to the sea wall near Dover.
There will be changes to other rail services across London during the Easter period.
We will regularly update the information available on ThameslinkProgramme.co.uk or please follow us @TLProgramme.
For a free reminder about major planned service changes, text TLP 7 and your home station to 60777.