The Port of Dover is Europe’s busiest international roll-on roll-off ferry port, operating services through P&O Ferries and DFDS to Calais and Dunkirk. The Port also operates successful cruise, cargo, marina and property businesses.
Dover provides the shortest crossing point between the UK and mainland Europe and has evolved over the past 60+ years to cater for high-speed just-in-time pan-European supply-chain movements. There is no substitutable capacity anywhere else in the UK that can take the type and volume of goods handled at Dover.
- Up to £122 billion of trade
- Up to 17% of the UK’s trade in goods
- 5 million vehicles
- 2.6 million freight vehicles
- 2.3 million tourist vehicles
- Almost 12 million passengers
- 12 ferries
- 60 departures
- 60 arrivals
- 45-50 minute turnaround
- capacity for 120-150 trucks per ferry
- Up to 10,000 freight vehicles
- Up to 90,000 passengers