Making business travel budgets go further
Businesses across the county can learn how to make their travel budgets go further by saving on transport and cutting carbon emissions at The South East Business Carbon Hub’s next online workshop.
The seminar, Making Your Business Travel Miles Better, will be held from 10am-11am on Wednesday 27 October.
To book a place, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 01622 696950.
Participants will learn how to:
· identify travel emissions using surveys, audits and guides
· develop the best, quick-win actions to reduce their travel footprint, and
· draw up a travel plan and showcase their environmental credentials
Kent County Council Cabinet Member for Environment, Highways and Waste Nick Chard said:
“The South East Business Carbon Hub can help companies cut costs, cut carbon and win business. Firms are already using this free service to demonstrate to both clients and suppliers that they care for the environment, and are making simple but effective changes to the way they do business.”
The service, which is funded by Kent County Council and the South East Regional Development Competitiveness Programme 2007 – 2013, helps small and medium-sized companies seize opportunities to save money and improve their environmental performance.
The South East Business Carbon Hub offers an easy way for companies to:
· measure their carbon emissions from offices, equipment and vehicles
· take action to save money by cutting carbon
· receive advice on improving their environmental performance and get accreditation for their work, and
· network with other like-minded businesses